(TOPEKA, Kan.) – Amanda Adkins, Republican candidate for KS-03 is traveling to the McAllen, Texas border this week to witness the Biden Border Crisis firsthand. While Adkins makes the trip to Texas, Sharice Davids remains silent on the border crisis she helped create.
Illicit drugs are flowing into the country at an alarming rate. Drug overdoses reached an all-time high in 2021 due to Joe Biden and Sharice Davids’ open border policies. 2,071 pounds of deadly fentanyl – the equivalent of more than 469 million lethal doses – were seized at the southern border in July alone. More fentanyl has crossed the border in the last two months than in all of FY 2019.
In Kansas, fentanyl-related overdoses are surging: “Preliminary reports indicate Kansas suffered a 54% increase in drug overdoses during the first six months of 2021 compared to the same period in 2020, state health officials said.”
Democrats like Sharice Davids have no intention of securing the border or fixing the crisis they created.
- Davids has been outspoken against funding a border wall.
- In a 2018 interview, Davids called for the abolishment of ICE.
- Davids voted against Title 42 which has led to a spike in drug smugglers, human trafficking, and criminals arriving at the border.
- Davids voted for the largest mass legalization program for undocumented immigrants.
- Criminals and terrorists are taking full advantage of the Davids/Biden open border policy, which has led to:
- An increase in human trafficking and smuggling.
- A record number of terrorists attempting to cross the southern border.
“Sharice Davids is directly responsible for the crisis we are seeing at our southern border,” said Shannon Pahls, KSGOP Executive Director. “Deadly drugs like fentanyl are flowing into our Kansas communities due to Davids’ reckless open border policies. This November, we must hold Sharice Davids accountable for the chaos she’s created and turned a blind eye to at the southern border.”